The Montrose Centre – Nimble Fingers Volunteer
Nimble Fingers is a local community project. We are a non-profit making organisation. We take unwanted materials and recycle them into different crafts. We sell these crafts from our base and at various craft fairs in the area.
We are currently based at the large poly tunnel at Greenfingers site in Claggan.
Description of tasks for volunteer:
- Assisting to make crafts: this involves simple wood cutting tasks/ measuring/ sanding or painting
- Assisting to collect materials for crafts
- Travelling with the group to deliver crafts
- Helping other service users to do the above tasks
- Any other tasks appropriate and suitable to the post
Hours of work will be every Monday for approximately 1 hour.
Sunday Presenter/ General Volunteer – Nevis Radio
We are looking for someone with some enthusiasm for music and the community with various slots of time available on a Sunday to host a show – this can be varied in musical taste.
A can-do attitude is helpful.
We also require assistance at events, which will involve setting up and taking down equipment for broadcast, and event PA duties. This may also involve being able to host broadcasts outside of the studio.
A technical mind is helpful, but all training would be provided.
Number of Volunteers required for this opportunity: 3
Skills, Experience & Attributes Required:
- Willingness to listen and learn.
- Technical ability isn’t essential but can help greatly.
Time commitment required for this opportunity:
- Show wise – approx. 2.5 hours per week, as shows are 2 hours usually. Events can vary from nothing for 6 months to 10 hours + split into shifts.
Details of induction or training offered with this volunteering opportunity:
- 1 to 1 full training, instructions given along with ongoing support.
Opportunity confirmed as still active 1.11.19