Highland Communities Credit Union
Highland Communities Credit Union is a not for profit, community cooperative, run by its members for its members.
Similar to banks, Credit Unions provide a Savings and Loans service with a built in Life Insurance Policy. It differs from a bank, in that all profit made on interest from loans is paid directly back into the Credit Union and no shareholders are rewarded. There are no large bonuses paid out and no risky investments.
Highland Communities Credit Union is currently looking for:
- Collection Point Volunteer
- Promotions/PR Assistance
- Office Assistant
- Advisory Commitee Member
Please click the position or positions you are interested in for more information.
Lochaber’s Talking Newspaper for the Visually Impaired is looking for Volunteers.
Our Volunteers do jobs as Editors, Readers, Technicians or Administration personnel but at the moment it is admin folks we are short of.
All the jobs except the admin one require one to two hours of your time on a Thursday evening from 7 p.m. when the recording is done at An Drochaid.
Volunteers work on a rota basis but turns can be swapped with other volunteers if needed. Travel expenses can be claimed.
The Administrative position requires 2 hours of your time on a Thursday afternoon once a month and involves preparing the mail pouches to be sent out and blanking the memory sticks which contain the recording. Although you would be working on your own it’s not a complicated procedure and training is always given and assistance is only a phone call away.
If you fancy joining our team or if you want more information about the admin position any of the other jobs please get in touch with Heather; tel: 01397 702240 or email: email@example.com
Ewen’s Room – Helpline and/or Telephone Befriending Volunteer
Ewen’s Room operates a telephone and text-based service offering emotional support to people in West Lochaber experiencing loneliness, social isolation, anxiety, depression or other mental health issues. The service operates from 5 pm to 10 pm on Monday to Friday and 12 noon to 10 pm on Saturday and Sunday. Outwith these hours we operate a service providing a “telephone friend” service to people who would appreciate a pre-arranged weekly call and the opportunity to chat to someone.
For further details, please contact: Hugh Asher at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07976 371538
Opportunity confirmed 1.11.19
The Buzz Project – General Assistant
Description of Opportunity:
- To help with the administration of membership.
- To assist with the running of events including setting up the studio, administration and hospitality for visiting professionals.
- To maintain stock control of refreshments.
- To serve refreshments to members.
- To deal with donations as they come in.
- To assist with the preparation and distribution of publicity materials for events.
- To keep the venue safe, clean and tidy.
- To attend relevant training sessions.
Skills & Experience Required:
- No specific qualifications are required.
- Basic maths and English skills.
- A commitment to providing a quality service.
- An ability to relate well to other people.
- A sense of humour.
Time Commitment Required:
- At least 2 hours per week.
Training offered with this Opportunity:
- Training can be provided on a range of topics including customer care, food hygiene, first aid, financial management, as well as technical topics including PA and lighting events.
For further information, or if interested, please contact Julie Wileman at email@example.com